The Information We Collect
In the Vingle Community, you information is collected in two manners. The first manner is through the information that you expressly provide to our community. The second manner is through the information related to your personal usage of our online community.
A. Information You Provide to Us:
- Vingle is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement without your express permission or unless ordered to do so by a court of law.
- In order to access our website, you do not need to be a registered member, but in order to have special access and perks you will need to be a registered member. The following information is the information that you may need to provide in order to become a member as well as other provided information to which Vingle will have access:
- Basic Contact Information: name, email address, zipcode/postal code, and phone number;
- User name and Password that you have created;
- Any information you provide when you create your personal profile page;
- Your online searches on our website; and
- Your correspondence with our company
- Please note that any information that you provide through your posts, chats, comments and content submissions is also a part of this section.
B. Information From Your Personal Usage:
- When you use our Vingle website, the following information, but not limited to, may be collected from your usage:
- Your computer’s IP (internet protocol) address;
- Your geographic location;
- Your browser-type, operating system, and other software-related information;
- Information collected through cookies and other similar types of technology. Please see our technology guide for more information;
- Your activities within the Vingle Community such as posts, logins, and pages visited;
- Third-party Webpages, advertisements, and links you have clicked while visiting Vingle;
- Standard server log information; and
- Any information about your computer’s hardware.
How Vingle Uses Your User Information
We do not share personally identifiable information about our members, which includes names, phone numbers, and email addresses with third parties.
We may use the information that you provide directly and indirectly to send you email communications such as changes to the website, policy changes, updates, and other information that may be of interest to you given your interactions in the Vingle Community. We do not send unsolicited email (Spam).
Given the recent importance of phone applications and the need to stay updated with information, with your consent, we may use your mobile number to send you notifications for your subscribed parties, information of promotions, and other service-related text messages.
In order to provide our Vingle Community members with free access to our online content, we display advertisements on the website. Many of these advertisements will be personally targeted to your interests and lifestyle given your demographic information and activity on the website. This customization is accessed through cookies and other similar technologies. Please read the technology guide for more information.
Since our purpose is to provide our members with an open, but civil forum in which to discuss their interests and opinions, we have decided to track user account activity. This will help us to better understand our members’ needs based on the involvement in each party, as well as whether our user policies need to be modified based on unforeseen user conduct.
In order to learn more about our members’ usage of our site, we will gather and analyze all member statistics in order to bring our members the best possible community experience.
We reserve the right to use any information that has been directly or indirectly provided by you in order to prevent illegal activities, to enforce Vingle’s Terms and Conditions Agreement, and our rights and the rights of our members.
Sharing Your Information:
Vingle values your privacy, thus we share information about our members only under certain circumstances. In the following circumstances, Vingle will make your information available to other companies, application, or other people:
- We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the Site.
- We may employ third parties to perform Vingle-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Vingle's Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site. For more information, see our section on cookies and other technologies and third party advertising.
User Opt-Out Option
At any time during your membership, you have the right to change your security settings, opt-out of certain technologies, and/or deactivate your account membership.
- Security Settings Changes: You have the right to decide who has certain access to your account and your account information. This can be done in your security settings preference section in your member profile.
- Opt-Out Option: You have the right to opt-out of certain technologies that are used on our website, such as cookies, flash cookies, and similar technologies; however, the advertisements that may be associated with certain cookies will still be on the website, but no longer customized for your interests and demographic. Please read our technology guide for information on how to disable your cookies.
- Deactivation of Your Membership Account: You can deactivate your account at any time by visiting the preference page of your profile. Although your account will be disabled, all of your posts and content submissions will remain on the website and in the public domain. Vingle is under no obligation to remove your information from the public domain due to your deactivation.
Protecting Your Information
In order to protect your user information as much as possible, Vingle limits access to your personal contact information to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. These persons are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligation and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. We also have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL
- We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to our system and your account information.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident in the Vingle Community, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Children under 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions and Suggestions
Effective Date: March 5, 2012