From backyard barbecues to pool parties and other party-oriented gatherings, celebrations are a chance for our dogs and cats to be exposed to foods that pique their curiosity: juicy baby back ribs, heavenly smelling burgers, buttered fish, and other drool-worthy treats.
While you think you may be inviting your pet to eat something here and there, you may be accidentally poisoning your furry companion.
To avoid a weekend veterinary emergency room visit, keep these popular foods out of reach of your pet.
Alcohol is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and quickly affects pets. Pets can easily be drawn to a glass of wine, beer, or especially sangria left on the floor during a party. Drinking alcohol can cause dangerous drops in blood sugar, blood pressure, and body temperature. Poisoned animals can experience seizures and respiratory failure. Desserts that contain alcohol or dough that contain yeast are often the unknown culprits.
2. Fat and Bone Trimmings