If you find yourself constantly forgetting about appointments, here are some tips to get your treatment schedule on track.
1. Use a calendar to record treatment sessions or other medical appointments, AND family, community, and work-related events. Keep this calendar up to date.
2. Consult your calendar at a set time each day, i.e. during breakfast, while brushing teeth, etc.
3. If you need frequent appointments for radiation, chemotherapy, or other treatment, plan them for the time of the week that works best for you. Having treatment the same time each week keeps you from forgetting.
4. Find a friend, family member, neighbor, or other support person to go with you to your appointments.
5. Talk with your doctor if you have a conflict with an event that can’t be changed, such as a family occasion or vacation.