Kpop Album Review: EXO's Exodus
01. CALL ME BABY
03. 시선 둘, 시선 하나 (What If..)
04. MY ANSWER
06. EL DORADO
09. 유성우[流星雨] (Lady Luck)
10. BEAUTIFUL 01. CALL ME BABY I fell in love with this song the second I heard it. The 'call me baby' parts are stuck in my head all the time and I can't get over D.O and Chen's falsettos. Talk about swoon. Such a great track (though the rap isn't my favorite) 02. TRANSFORMER A little weak for a rap track but its alright. I love Chanyeol so basically anything he touches I can fall for, but this isn't really my favorite. Even Baekhyun's power vocals couldn't get me over the 'tick tick boom boom' thing.
03. 시선 둘, 시선 하나 (What If..) This sounds like a track off of SHINee World, so it makes me want to curl up in my bed and sleep. It's a little boring, but perfect for background music. 04. MY ANSWER Stopped it half way through because two boring ballads in a row really aren't my thing.
05. EXODUS My toes were tapping from the first five seconds, this is definitely my favorite song off the album after Call Me Baby. Totally SHINee-sounding! 06. EL DORADO I don't think anyone understands how long I have been waiting for this song to come out. Ever since the EXO debut teasers came out and this song was featured I knew this was my jam. Granted the chorus is totally weird, I can already feel this growing on me. You just can't deny that background beat - so catchy. 07. PLAYBOY Oh my GOD. This is my song. The beat, the water, the whispery voices, Chen's VOICE, I just can't. Good work SM, this is right up my alley.
08. HURT Another good background music track. The beat is great but something about it just really bores me.
09. 유성우[流星雨] (Lady Luck) Alright who else giggled at the first few seconds?! Once they got over the rap/growling this is such a good song. This is so catchy and just the right tempo. I am obsessed.
10. BEAUTIFUL I was really hoping this would be like a Peter Pan or 365 track but this works too! The random saxophone hidden in the mix is a nice touch too. It has a really strong summer morning feeling. Great way to close off the album!