5 Minutes Half Up Hairstyles
During the summer I try to avoid getting the back of my neck tan. I love leaving my hair down but humidity could create unwanted frizz and static. In this sense, my favorite summer coiffure is the half-up hairstyle. Suitable for most hair texture, type and length, the hairstyle also leaves you with many styling option.
Ready to go beyond the classic half-up ponytail? Below are some of my picks from the web. All of the half-up hairstyle takes about 5 minutes or less to put together! Half Up Fishtail Braid via makennaalyse 1. Gather half of your hair into a ponytail and secure it with a hair elastic.
2. Take a small piece from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic and pin it to place (by hiding the pin under the wrap).
3. Start a fishtail braid by grabbing hair from the sides and combining it with the remaining ponytail hair.
4. Stop braiding when you reach the nape and secure it with a hair elastic.
5. Repeat step #2.
Simple & Clean Half Up Side Braid
1. Start by curling your hair.
2. Part your hair into the center.
3. Taking a side from the front create a 3-strand braid until you reach the middle tie it with a hair elastic.
4. Repeat it to the other side.
5. Release the hair elastic from both side while still holding on to the braids.
6. Combine it with another elastic.
Easy Half-Up Side Dutch Braid
1. Part hair into center and clip the left side.
2. Take a small section from the right front hairline and begin dutch braiding until you reach back. Secure it with a hair elastic.
3. Repeat on the left side.
4. Combine both side braids into one and secure it a elastic.
5. Take a small section from the tail and flip it into once (creating a knot) and pin it to place.
Half Up Messy Top Knot
Gather the top section of your hair and twist it into a messy top knot.
Braided Half Up Low Bun
1. Take a small section of hair from the front hairline and create a thin 3-strand braid. Braid it all the way and tie it with an elastic.
2. Take another section close to the first braid and create a fishtail braid.
3. Gather the top half of the hair from the back and form a loose low bun.