Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble-Crisp Recipe!
Gluten is a protein composite found in foods processed from wheat and related grain species, including barley and rye. Some choose to do a diet that cutting gluten. I wanted to see if food lovers here were interested about gluten-free recipes!
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, washed
- 1 tablespoon turbinado or raw sugar
- 2/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 2/3 cup GF millet flour
- 2/3 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Rub the inside of a 9-inch baking or gratin dish with a dab of coconut oil.
2) Place the blueberries into a bowl and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Toss to coat. Pour them into the greased baking dish and distribute evenly.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the quinoa flakes, GF millet flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Add the coconut oil. Stir in or rub the coconut oil and dry mixture together to create a sandy, crumbly texture.
4) Sprinkle the crumble topping over the blueberries.
5) Bake in the center of a pre-heated oven till browned and slightly bubbling. Check for desired tenderness with a fork. I baked mine for 25 minutes because I like my berries tender but not soft. If you prefer your fruit traditionally soft, bake it for 35 minutes.
6) Set the crumble aside on a rack and allow it to cool a bit before serving. I love it slightly warm from the oven.
7) A scoop of vegan Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream is entirely optional.