A different kind of spaghetti 🍝
If you like anime/manga with food in it, I'm sure you'll know what this is. If not, it's Neapolitan Spaghetti! I'm not sure about you, but every time I saw this in an anime or manga, I wanted to try it. One of my favorite mangas, Kitchen Princess, actually provides a recipe lol. Check it out below 👇👇 I've made this many times but I didn't use this recipe. My husband can't have bacon. There's other variations that have seafood, but I don't eat seafood lol. So I use chicken. Slice up some chicken breast or use ground chicken. Whatever floats your boat. You can also use this recipe:
http://www.japanesecooking101.com/spaghetti-neapolitan/ This is mine. I would have taken a picture of it all pretty in a bowl with some garnish on top, but I was hungry last night and wasn't patient enough to do that. I didn't have any onions so I didn't put any in. Bummer. Oh well. Next time! Here's my recipe in case you'd like to try it out as well 😁 👇👇 Neapolitan spaghetti:
- 2 cloves garlic
- half of an onion
- 2 bell peppers (one green and which ever other color you prefer)
- package of chicken breast (slice yourself or just use ground chicken like me)
- package of spaghetti noodles (or linguine, fettuccini, spaghettini etc. whatever you prefer)
- 1tsp salt & pepper
- 1tsp garlic powder and onion powder
Alrighty! Here we go!
1. Boil your noodles, drain and set aside.
2. Mince your garlic and slice your onions and bell pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat up your pan or wok. Add 1-2tbsp of oil. Once oil warms up, add your garlic and onions
4. When it's fragrant, add your chicken. Sprinkle your salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder on top. And mix it up
5. After its browned, add your bell peppers and mix it up some more. When the bell peppers soften, add your already cooked noodles.
6. Mix it all up together and add a couple squirts of ketchup to whatever suits your taste. Mix it up again. Taste it, if you need to add more salt, go ahead. If you need to add more ketchup, go ahead. If you try this, let me know!