Why anime?; Yes, "Why anime?" indeed
I started putting up a Collection of Cards like a week ago. Before that week, I honestly didn't know that this awesome Community existed in the form of Vingle.net. This collection was made for anime-viewers, fans and lovers in mind. I wanted to give you interesting info-articles that you may or may not know that paricularly well with anime. And after posting 6 quite unique and great topics on anime, how it affects us and the elements that make an anime an anime, YOU guys have been the ones who've noticed these articles and have taken interest in what they contained and conveyed.
It garnered a great amount of attention and a hefty amount of positive feedback!
I was (and still am) amazed, truly!
So, after having a lot of feedback from the readers and viewers who've personally asked me how I do and create
these Cards that you enjoy so much, I've decided to show you guys how I do posts for my "Why anime?" -collection :D
Hope you enjoy! First off, you need to...
Create a Topic
It's not as easy as it seems, quite honestly. Most of the times I actually come up with a topic is when I'm not sitting in front of the computer but rather when I watch anime, while I swim and even during school-hours. They just pop up and there's nothing that I can really do other than to note of my potential idea and start coming up with a layout, imagining how the pics will be and so on and so forth.
But that's only a start. When I've created an idea, I need to know how to end it as well. This comes in handy as you know what you actually want to convey and then, it'll be easier to control and adapt your information, langauge and even pics Then, onto the Internet to...
When I did my "Swords in Anime; A Crash Course and Why?" (which is to date still my most popular info-article with 80k+ views), I did a hefty amount of research. This one was pure uncharted territory for me as I had only fragments of ideas over how many types of swords there are out there (thank you gaming and Assassin's Creed for reminding me of different sword-types).
Otherwise, my primary source of knowledge is binge-reading some random things and anime itself!
But on basically all of the other topics, most are just self-interpreted opinions and views. But I needed to learn myself the basics first until I could fully create a text worthy of "Why anime?". So I do some slight research and prepare myself for the hard part: writing the damn thing! XD
But while I'm on the Internet, let's collect some pics while we're at it! Time to collect the...
There are a few who explicitly said that "Wow, those pics look damn amazing!" and "The pictures just made the whole post much better" directly to me and it feels weird to say that most pictures on Vingle (other than my own) don't really look as sharp as my own. So let me show you how I collect and proceed with the pictures.
Let's say that we need to find a great picture from Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso:
- Then simply type "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso" on your search-engine (which is Google, because Google is best), and start searching.
- Once you've found the picture, click on it to reveal more in-depth options on the picture itself and relatable search-results.
- Hit the numbers displaying the pictures resolution (e.g. 1920 x 1080)
- You'll then be transported to a new page with the same kind of pictures but with different resolutions. There, you can choose your preferred resolution (I personally take the best one with a ratio of 16:9) and save and download it and store it for later use EDIT: Adding Gifs!
And of course, pictures are nice and all to add some flare to the overall content. But if you really want to stand out, add gifs!
It's basically the same process as with the pictures, only that you make Vingle use the gif directly and so on :)
- First, use a search term and add "gif" at the end of it. This narrows down your search results into mostly gifs.
- However, not every search result turns out to be a gif. So, pick one and click on "View Image". If you get taken to the pictures webpage and the gif is moving, then you are green to go!
- Next, copy the URL
- When it's time to show the world (or at least Vingle) the gif you've either found or made, simply go to the image board, go to the icon that looks like a chain, paste the URL there and click "Find". Then, it should have found it for you and click on the gif itself to add onto your Card
- Enjoy XD UPDATE: My Setup
It's really nothing special...
Just a crappy school-computer and whole bunch of accessories loaded with cables:
- Dunno the computer...
- Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma
- Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013
- Mousemat: SteelSeries Qck+ (with NiP-logo)
- Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-m50x (Primary), Logitech g633 Artemis (Gaming)
- External Storage: WD My Passport (1TB)
- Photo taken through my custom OnePlus One How I organize stuff
On my computer, I have a specific folder just for you guys. My potential topics and on-going projects are all stored there and it is there where I dump all of the pictures I've gathered into the folders where each topic is individually categorised.
It is here that I also put my text. The Text Itself
Once in a topic-folder, I create a simple "Notes"-file and name it "Script". Not a word file, just the one that displays text (.txt) XD
It is here that I write everything down and correct and so on. Even this text was written on one.
But yeah, now it's time to work and work through with the frustration that this post might be as good as expected...I'll fast-forward to the point after I've written the damn text XD It's Done...finally...
Once done, I try to proof-read it as much as I can. But, my brain would work way too fast and start uploading the entire article before I can fully proof-read it (I proof-read every post as much as I can and edit once I see a mistake).
It's really quite easy, as I just copy-paste each section into its respective card.
Then, I upload the images and make sure that the title are "titled" and the fattened text is fattened.
And as soon as I hit the "upload" button, I'll just refresh the damn page until some views pop up and scream a shout of success, finally allowing me to watch some more anime...! Well... That's really it, actually. Nothing special, nothing grand but you guys seem to enjoy it so...I'm happy with that :)
It may not have answered your questions on how I can make these info-articles as good as they seem to be and a joy to read. But, at least I gave you an insight over how I work and how easy (or hard) it can be to make a post just like this one and the others on "Why anime?" collection :)
This might not be my best work...but I'm happy I did one :D
Now, this Card is a part of my own series where I put up more anime-related posts such as discussing, analyzing and showing you parts of Anime that makes an Anime an Anime! Every topic from the technical aspects, core elements and even entire shows are collected there so make sure you check out and follow "Why anime?" collection for more posts about and around anime! :D
Please feel free to comment your thoughts on the topic or suggest one! :D
And if you want to leave a direct feedback, you're more than welcome to message me :)
'til next time!