K-Pop Challenge: Merry Christmas 2014!
South Korea does Christmas a little differently than the rest of us. While here in the United States, Christmas is about coming 'home for the holidays' and buying presents for all of your family and friends, Christmas in a majority of East Asia is treated more like a couples' holiday. People spend the day going out with their significant other, exchanging presents with them, and doing a number of fun and romantic activities. Because of this, a lot of Korean Christmas songs are about love and romance and being with your special someone.
Here are a few of my favorite Korean Christmas songs. I hope you enjoy them, and of course, happy holidays, everybody!
1. "This Christmas" - JYP Nation: 2PM, 2AM, Wonder Girls, Miss A, and San-E bring you all the most adorable K-Pop label collab track that's perfect for the holidays! :)
2. "White Winter" - Kim Bum Soo & Lena Park: This is actually a cover by a popular 90s Korean artist, Mr. 2. If you want to hear the original, come check it out over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QapIVG4vUxA
3. "Merry Christmas in Advance" - IU & Thunder from MBLAQ: I know there's a lot of IU and MBLAQ fans on Vingle, so here is a track just for you guys!
4. "On Christmas" - 커피소년 (Coffee Boy): Coffee Boy (known more commonly by his Korean name, pronounced Kuh-pee So-nyun) is a really popular Korean indie singer/songwriter. If you love the mellow busker feeling of this song, I highly recommend his other music!
5. "Before the Snow" - Kanto featuring As One: Just because it wouldn't be a playlist coming from me without a Korean hip-hop track. Kanto's the best!