Here are the five steps leaders use to get their things done on time.
1. Observe; evaluate; discover; avoid prejudging: A real leader must proceed, with an open - mind, in order to avoid, prejudging, and limiting his possibilities. Life evolves, and, thus, if groups fail - to, it no longer serves the true needs, and priorities. We presently witness this, in many areas, and one, which is, particularly, apparent, and, thus, disturbing/ concerning, is President Trump, apparent desire, to only consider, the same - old, same - old, demonstrated by his campaign slogan, Make America Great Again! After, over four decades, of personal involvement, in nearly every aspect of leading, and leadership planning, including training thousands, etc, I often witness this, in those, considering, a leadership position, in a wide variety of organizations! The best leaders, initially take the time, and make a concerted effort, to observe, evaluate, and discover, the group's heritage, needs, priorities, and consider all viable options and alternatives!
2. True strategic planning: Far too often, a group's so-called, strategic planning, process, deteriorates, to merely, blaming, complaining/ griping! Factors, to be considered, include the relevance of the organization's existing mission statement (and, whether, it needs, tweaking, etc), the heritage, vision, priorities, perceptions, and, present, as well as, future challenges, needs, and priorities!
3. Conceive, create, implement viable action plan: Strategic plans, only, become meaningful/ relevant, if, it leads, to conceiving, creating, and implementing, the best possible, viable, well-considered, action plan, including thoroughly, evaluating contingencies, etc!
4. Review progress: Once, the action plan, takes place, a real leader is responsible, for continuously, reviewing the progress, as well as areas of strength, and weaknesses, and proceeding, to seamlessly, adapt the approach, in a well-considered, timely manner!
5. Motivate; inspire; coordinate: Leading requires proactively, motivating, and inspiring constituents, to greater involvement, and caring, focused on the common/ greater good! The leader must be ready, prepared, and willing, to consistently, coordinate the actions, towards the finest path, to pursue!