Remember when Gwyneth Paltrow named her kid, Apple?
Or when Kim Kardashian named her daughter 'North' West. Or when Beyoncé named her daughter 'Blue Ivy'. It seems time and time again, celebrities name their children bizarre names to gain more publicity. Today American Social Security extended list of 2014 was released allowing media sites to see which bizarre names people were given last year. You'd be surprised at some of the most outrageous picks.
Some to look at : Cypher, Genuine, Savvy, Honest, Holy, Chief, Master, Denim, Velvet, Lucky, Mayhem, Ruckus, Lemon, Sham, Shade, Styles, Mystery, Zeppelin....
Just in case you were wondering, no girls were named Marijuana this year!!!
Though you may be laughing, I wouldn't be surprised if a celebrity picked up one or two as an idea. Below are some of the most shocking...And still strange.
noun, plural aliases.
1. a false name used to conceal one's identity; an assumed name.
How Many Times Named In USA : 28 boys
1. causing or inducing awe; inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear.
How Many Times Named In USA : 8 boys
1.a person who employs or superintends workers; manager.
How Many Times Named In USA : 12 boys
1. the occupation of a couturier; dressmaking and designing.
How Many Times Named In USA : 8 girls
verb (used with object), eliminated, eliminating.
1. to remove or get rid of, especially as being in some way undesirable.
How Many Times Named In USA : 5 girls
verb (used without object), gambled, gambling.
1. to play at any game of chance for money or other stakes.
How Many Times Named In USA : 5 boys
noun, plural halos, haloes.
1. Also called nimbus. a geometric shape, usually in the form of a disk, circle, ring, or rayed structure, traditionally representing a radiant light around or above the head of a divine or sacred personage, an ancient or medieval monarch, etc.
How Many Times Named In USA : 22 boys
1. ungentle and unpleasant in action or effect.
How Many Times Named In USA : 18 boys
verb (used with object), kindled, kindling.
1. to start (a fire); cause (a flame, blaze, etc.) to begin burning.
How Many Times Named In USA : 15 girls
noun, plural remedies.
1. something that cures or relieves a disease or bodily disorder; a healing medicine, application, or treatment.
How Many Times Named In USA : 27 girls
noun, plural shanties.
1. a crudely built hut, cabin, or house.
How Many Times Named In USA : 6 girls