1. Self-protection and closing the deal are paramount.
2. These days, everyone has friends and colleagues; no one really has lovers-even if they have slept together.
3. Love means having to align yourself with another person, and what if that person turns out to be a liability?
4. I didn't want a relationship because, at the end, unless you happened to get married, you were left with nothing.
5. "Love makes you treasure it, and you'll work harder to keep it" or "But relationships are our of your control"