So here are some AMAZING recipes and my favorite foods for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, aka the best times of day!
The Bacon Egg and Cheese
This is such a Bronx thing, and yes I know everywhere has Bacon Egg and Cheese, but its only in the Bronx that you get the real one. Also it only in the Bronx that BaconEggandCheese is actually considered one word. But since most of you don't live in the Bronx and don't have a bodega up your block, heres what you gotta do.
1 deliciously fluffy roll OR bagel.
4 - however many slices of bacon you want.
Salt, pepper, ketchup
Put It Together:
Lightly toast the roll.
Cook the bacon up.
Use some of the grease for the egg pan!
Scramble eggs with some milk to make them super fluffy.
Pour in greased pan and fry the eggs.
Add American cheese until it is melted.
Put bacon egg and cheese on roll and season with salt, pepper and ketchup!
FYI- This plus an orange gatorade is all you need during a hangover.
The After Thanksgiving Sandwich
I love sandwiches. They are my favorite food and one of my favorite sandwiches ever is the after thanksgiving sandwich which is when you pretty much put all the leftovers in-between two slices of bread.
Mayo (optional but I love it!!)
Some strong pieces of bread
salt and pepper
Optional-- Add some cheese if you're feeling daring!
Putting it together:
Just make the sandwich and cut it in half, because that makes it way easier to eat, trust me.
Penne Vodka with Shrimp
I love creamy, saucy, cheesy pasta; blame the Italian in me. I am also addicted to shrimp. If anything has shrimp in it, I am sold instantly. Sooo what can possibly be better then a creamy pasta with shrimp? Thats right, literally nothing...not even love.
I use the recipe from olgasflavorfactory.com and it is AWESOME! And I always have left overs which makes it even better.
1 lb penne pasta
2 lbs large raw shrimp, deveined and shells removed
2-3 Tablespoons oil
2-3 shallots, thinly sliced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, pureed
¼ cup vodka, or chicken broth (rock the vodka and give yourself a shot while you're at it).
⅓ cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons each, fresh basil and parsley, minced
Putting it together:
1. While boiling the pasta start cooking the shrimp and sauce.
2. Heat up oil in a skillet and start cooking the salt and peppered shrimp! They cook pretty fast to keep your attention on them!
3. Remove shrimp but use the same skillet (saves on dishes #win), and heat up more oil!
4. Once hot add shallots and garlic and lower too medium heat, season with salt and pepper and cook until the shallots are tender.
5. Pour in the vodka and watch as the brown bits stuck on the bottom release to add even more flavor to your sauce! Don't worry, the alcohol will burn off...unfortunately.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add the pureed diced tomatoes.
7. Cook for about 5-7 minutes while adding salt and pepper to taste.
8. Pour in the heavy cream, and mix to combine.
9 Then add the sauce, herbs, and shrimp to the cooked pasta, mix to combine and serve.
And there you have it! My dream day of food!! Actually, I might make that Shrimp Penne Vodka for dinner tonight because it is making my stomach grumble!