It has recently been revealed that Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon will become the first member of the group to make her solo debut as an artist! Her solo album is said to be near ready as she has prepared for it since the beginning of this year but it's been said her debut was postponed to prepare for Girls' Generation's comeback.
Anticipation is high for Taeyeon’s solo debut, as she has been named as the best idol singer through multiple surveys, and showed off her stunning vocals through popular OSTs such as “If” and “Can You Hear Me.”
Rumors surrounding Taeyeon’s possible solo debut have been circulating, including a rumor about BrandNew Music’s Rhymer doing a possible collaboration with Taeyeon after Rhymer posted a picture of them together in a recording studio. Although SM Entertainment denied the collaboration and solo debut at the time, it has now been revealed that Taeyeon will indeed be releasing a solo album.
Taeyeon, who is currently working on collecting and compiling songs for her first solo album, is expected to drop her debut solo album in the first half of 2015.
Congrats to our Taengoo <3!!!!!!
Here is some netizens' comments:
1. [+1,232, -151] Hul daebak...
2. [+970, -141] I'm so looking forward to this, been waiting years
3. [+868, -170] No need for words, simply God Taeyeon...
4. [+805, -122] Finally an album made out of Taeyeon's voice
5. [+671, -113] Finally!!!!! Looking forward to it
6. [+159, -37] Kim Taeyeon ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ The OST queen ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ finally a solo album ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I'm tearing up ㅠㅠㅠㅠ why has SM been wasting her vocals and only giving her an album now.. so mean... finally she can sing a true song for once. Please give her a good song.
7. [+153, -39] I'm a ballad fan so I'm looking forward to Taeyeon's emotional voice
8. [+137, -31] Ah daebak ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Fans have been waiting years for this, finally we can melt into emotions this fall listening to her voice... god Taeyeon
9. [+139, -35] We've waited for so many years... I can wait a few more months sure but I want it to hurry up now ㅠㅠㅠㅠ