This is a cute 2-in-1 project. The first step is how to make leather fringe. The second step is how to take that fringe and turn it into 2-tone tassels. If you love the idea of making tassels yourself, instead of buying them, then you think like me and we're on the same track!
Be sure to click here to see how to make more tassels!
Two 8×10 pieces of leather
1. Use the rotary cutter and cutting mat to trim one piece of leather to 4″ x 10″ (using the magnetic ruler and mat comes in super handy for this!)
2. On the back of the leather, draw a line 1″ from the side
3. Now use the ruler to draw lines 1/8″ apart
4. Use those lines to help cut the fringe. Eventually, you will be able to free-hand this over time.
5. Place the ruler 1/8″ from the side and use rotary cutter
This will create a long thin strip of leather for the loop of your tassel
6. Use the stapler to staple the loop into place
7. Run a thin bead of glue as shown – but do not go all the way to the end of the leather piece
8. Begin rolling tightly- as you roll, the glue will be pushed along and you won’t need to add glue toward the end
9. Cut another strip of leather that is 2.5″ x 10″
10. Repeat steps to create fringe
11. Apply glue to the leather and wrap around the large tassel
Be sure to leave your comments and questions about this project and any other project that you have going on or love. For more great diy projects, click here and follow me! <3 <3 <3