Getting married is supposed to be fun. I keep telling myself when I get worked up and stressed over the process. And it's so true, weddings and the year it takes to put it together should be FUN! Isn't that the point of having bridesmaids? They can help out, keep you sane, provide comedy relief, and so on!
Then I found this super easy and fun project to turn your bridesmaids into the ultimate girl gang!
Shirts or jackets (or whatever)
Wax paper (not parchment paper)
1.Find a typeface you like (we used the website fontmeme.com), blow it up to be the font size you want, and trace it onto the non-waxy side of freezer paper (which is different from wax paper).
2. Using an X-Acto knife, cut out your letters to turn the freezer paper into a stencil. Don’t forget to leave a connecting strip for letters like “a” with a blank space inside. If you do forget, that’s okay, because you can just fill in any gaps later.
3. Iron the freezer paper onto your shirt, waxy side down. We started with a towel between the freezer paper and the iron so the freezer paper didn’t burn. Make sure it is thoroughly stuck to the shirt or the edges of your letters will be wavy.
TIP: If your lines come out wavy anyway, just cover them with glitter!
4. Use a foam roller to apply fabric paint to your shirt. Go for coverage.
5. Wait for your paint to dry. (Soon-to-be brides don’t have a lot of spare time in the week before their wedding—or, at least, this one didn’t—so we used a hair dryer to speed up this process.)
6. Peel off the freezer paper.
7. Fill in the connecting strip on any letters that needed one.
I LOVE THIS IDEA and definitely will be doing this with and for my bridesmaids!!! What are you going to do? For more wedding ideas and tutorials, be sure to see the other cards I have here.