Just 7 ingredients.
That's all it takes to make these delectable, warm, fluffy cinnamon rolls dripping in icing. Oh, and did I mention they're vegan? You can thank Minimalist Baker for this genius recipe. Make sure to save it so you can whip up a batch for brunch this weekend!
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 min. Cook Time: 25 min. Difficulty: Super Easy!
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker
You will need
1 packet instant yeast
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup Earth balance vegan butter, divided
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar, divided
How to Make
1. Heat almond milk and Earth Balance in a microwave-proof bowl in 30 second increments, until milk is warm and butter is melted. When around the temperature of a warm bath, pour into large mixing bowl and sprinkle in yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes.
2. Add salt and 1 tablespoon sugar to the yeast mixture and stir. While stirring, add flour 1/2 cup at a time. The end result should be a quite sticky dough. When stirring becomes too difficult, knead for a minute or so on a lightly floured surface. Form a loose ball.
3. Rinse mixing ball, coat sides with oil, and then place ball of dough back in. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for about an hour. Ball should just about double in size.
4. Once dough has risen, roll out into a thin rectangle on lightly floured surface. Brush with 3 tablespoons melted Earth Balance and top with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 - 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Tightly roll dough, positing seam downward. Using a serrated knife or a string of dental floss, cut dough into 1.5 - 2 inch thick sections. Place in a buttered 8" x 8" glass pan. You should have about 10 rolls. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons Earth Balance (melted), and cover with plastic while the oven preheats.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, then serve hot drizzled with dairy-free cream cheese frosting or a homemade mixture of almond milk and powdered sugar!
Who here wants to give these a try??