These delicious baked apple roses are a perfect way to impress your Valentine. Or woo them any day of the year!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Take halved, cored, unpeeled apples and carefully slice very thin (see how in the video above). Put slices in a microwave safe bowl and cover with water. Add the juice of half a lemon. Microwave for 3 minutes to soften the slices and make them more pliable for rolling up.
3. In another bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of fruit preserves and 3 tablespoons of water.
4. Roll out puff pastry and slice into rectangular strips about 2 inches (or a little less) wide. (Again, the video has better details on this part.)
5. For each strip, spoon a little of the fruit preserve mixture onto the dough and spread. Place apple slices overlapping along the length of the dough. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and fold pastry dough up over apples. Finally, starting from one end, roll the entire thing up and place dough side down in a greased muffin tin.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before removing from tin.
Awesome! You've just learned how to make apple roses! Who's going to use these to make it the best (tastiest) Valentines Day ever? :D