No matter how good we get as lifters, we've all started from the bottom, from the unknown. Yes, EVERYONE. Being a good lifter takes a lot of damn time, patience, and discipline. Even those who have been doing it for years, will learn something new, or have a lift they need to improve/tweak on.
Here's some of the thoughts I know I had as a first time lifter.
I think it's fair to say I was a wreck haha.
1) Am I Doing This Wrong?
2) What The Fuck Is This Machine?
3) Shit... Did My Cleavage Show During Bench Press?!
4) Oh My God I Hope Nobody Sees My Lifting Face
5) I Hope It's Not Weird To Wear A Lifting Belt For Baby Weight
6) Are They Making Fun Of Me For Lifting Baby Weights?
7) What A Shitty Deadlift! I Hope Nobody Saw That...
8) I'm Alright! Just Ignore Me As I Do The Barbell Roll For A Failed Bench!
9) How Many Reps Is Optimal?! 8? 10? 12? 25?
10) I've Only Been At The Gym For 27 Minutes. Will Anyone Notice If I Leave Now?