1 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon strawberry extract
pink gel food coloring
1/4 cup cocoa
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Combine butter, sugar, egg and extract in mixer. Blend at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour and salt; and blend at low speed until well mixed. Divide and tint dough, if desired.
2. To make Rose Cookie Spritz, insert a 1M or 2D tip into pastry bag. Fill bag with cookie dough. I found that if the dough was a bit warm (as in heated by the warmth from my hands) it was easier to pipe out these cookies.
3. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly golden.
To make Strawberry Spritz Cookies:
4. Replace vanilla extract with 1/4 teaspoon strawberry. Tint dough with pink gel food coloring.
To make Chocolate Spritz Cookies:
5. Replace 1/4 cup of flour with 1/4 cup of cocoa. Do not use almond extract.