Top 5 Kdrama Actors And Actresses That Need To Come Back To Dramas
I'm pretty satisfied with the current dramascape, in terms of my biases taking on dramas left and right (Yoon Eun Hye doing I Miss You, Park Shi Hoo coming out with Cheongdamdong Alice, which is going to be terrible but lets delusion ourselves here for a moment)
But a ton of my beloved actors and actresses have been missing in action, some for years, others for months and their absence has been equally upsetting to me. Here is my list of actors and actresses that need a comeback, in order of priority:
1) Jung Il Woo - I know that Moon That Embraces the Sun is quite recent but I last seen him in Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and it was the drama that made me fall in love with him. His acting can be a little too much but he is such delicious eye candy; he needs to do another comedy so I can be simultaneously smitten and entertained by him.
2) Lee Min Ki - I've only watched Dal Ja's Spring and Shut Up Flower Boy Band with him but this guy is a powerhouse both in acting and looks. It's a shame that it's been years since he starred in a drama. At this point, I don't have much hope left for his comeback, do you?
3) Lee Dong Wook - his last drama (Wild Romance) is comparably recent although it does feel like it's been a long time ago. I haven't managed to get into that drama so it's been a LDW drought for me since Scent of a Woman. Earnestly waiting and hoping for another project from him!
4) Hyun Bin - he is been in the army in the last two years leaving a huge void in the kdrama industry that no one has managed to fill. Can he announce his new project like next week?
5) Seo In Guk - yes, I know his recent drama is really really recent (Answer Me 1997, just this summer) but I already want this guy back on my screen! Besides, his costar Eun Ji has moved on to a new drama and he should too.
Update: ohh, apparently Seo In Guk is in a drama right now! It's a weekend/family drama called Rascal Sons. How did it fly under my radar!
1) Han Hyo Joo - she is a big bias of mine ever since Spring Waltz and Brilliant Legacy. She has been doing a lot of movies but nothing on the kdrama front. Again, at this point I've lost hope that she will ever come back to dramas.
2) Ha Ji Won - loved, loved her performance in King2hearts and since I have no problems with typecasting nothing will make me more happy than to see her comeback with another badass and awesome role.
3) Yoo In Na - she has totally won me over with her performance in Queen In Huyn's Man and I'm really looking forward to seeing her adorable smile back on screen.
4) Kim Sun Ah - her latest project I Do, I Do is also quite recent but there can never be too much Kim Sun Ah, ever! I feel her range of characters becomes more limiting as she gets older but I'm always amazed at how well she delivers in every single role she takes on.
5) Seo Ye Jin - I've only seen her in Personal Taste but I really enjoyed her acting in that drama. She's been doing movies it seems, but no one cares about those, so she better do another drama!
Honorable mention goes to Jang Geun Suk who I miss dearly but who is going through some crazy phase making bizarre MVs in Japan and clubbing and I give him permission to enjoy himself before he comes back to dramas. For the actresses, honorable mention goes out to Suzy who needs another main lead role! (so we can all forget the horror that was Big)
Did I miss anyone important? Who do you want to see make a comeback?