VINGLE KPOP SURVEY RESULTS!
Okay guys, I organized all 168 responses and here's what you said!
WARNING: LONG CARD AHEAD! 10 responses answered yes, and 14 said that they had seen bullying or put-downs happen on Vingle :/
While it is AWESOME that almost 90% of you have never seen that, this is a good chance to remember that feeling are easily hurt online and there are always misunderstandings. If you ever feel like someone is being malicious towards you or another Vingler, please reach out to the Moderators of the community and hopefully we can work together to make everyone feel safe here again. Annoying Stuff: It was great seeing almost everyone say they didn't find anything annoying BUT there were some valid concerns!
1. Irrelevant Cards! Please check out THIS CARD about posting in relevant communities. All Kpop cards can go in Kpop but for the sub communities, please think if your card really belongs there!
2. Copying Cards and Credit If a new MV comes out or there is breaking news, please understand that people will post the same thing many times - its just the nature of the internet. Maybe check the community to see if someone had already posted about it before sharing something brand new! ALSO if you're participating in a game, please try to find the person who started it and link to their original card (or at least mention them in your card for credit!)
3. Incorrect Information Please check your facts before posting news/rumors :) OR if it is just a rumor please make it clear that the facts aren't confirmed yet. It's hard to tell on the internet! Also, if you're posting fake subs please say somewhere in the card that it is fake!
4. Mature Content As many Vinglers are here for just Kpop and not Fan Fic, please try to keep anything above pg-13 fan fic in JUST the fan fic community. Also, for all kinds of mature content, please try to give a warning in the title or first line of the card!
5. Notifications HERE is a tutorial for changing your notification settings. For how the actual notification system works, that's something only Vingle can handle so the best we can do is leave suggestions! What could make Vingle Kpop, as a community, better?
1. Delete Comments Here is how you can delete comments from your cards and report any thing that makes your uncomfortable :)
2. Tutorials! Check out the Vingle community here for tutorials :D If you still have questions, leave a comment on one of those cards to request a new tutorial^^
3. Just more interaction in general Let's all work on that! Not just commenting but more events and maybe meet ups :) If you have ideas be sure to message the mods or comment here or something^^
4. More variety Some groups are more popular here on Vingle, let's try to share more love for other groups too! It's easy to talk about just one group but I'm working on diversifying my content too^^
Hi Newbies, Lurkers, and Rare Commenters! This is your TIME TO SHINE!
Our family is crazy and wild and its so much more fun when you join the party :) Other comments: I LOVE VINGLE. It has literally changed my life forever. I feel so much more happier to be able to talk and connect about something I love so much with other people. I get in the best mood and have a better day after going on Vingle! :)
I just wanna say that this is the best community i found on vingle everyone i have met so far are part of my vingle family.
You guys rock, thanks for making my love of Kpop bloom in vingle and be able to share with other who love it just as much <3
I'm glad I've found this community I really don't feel like a crazy person for liking different things. Honestly it's what I've been searching for
This community is rare for an internet gathering of people. I NEVER see hateful or hurtful comments. Like never. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN. It's like magic tech science haha. And this community involves the feels for hot doods and ladies so its like, miraculous pretty much HAHA.
Okay guys, I want to share this amazing response we got (this was anonymous but if you would like this taken down please message me - I don't think anything here reveals your identity but I will take it down asap if you feel uncomfortable)
It's long but worth the read *warning FEELINGS ahead!*
I love VINGLE and I am happy to be apart of this wonderful community. I have noticed that some people have talked about leaving because they don't get enough notice. I don't know how to fix that. I didn't join Vingle to get noticed, I just wanted to learn more about my idols and great music and share the things I love. What I found here was so much more. I was a lurker for at least the first month, so no one noticed me. When I started making cards, very few people took note. But the more active I became and the more I commented on other people's cards, the more I got to know other Vinglers and they started to get to know me to. I never expect to get noticed and the couple times my cards have actually gotten a ton of likes, I was pretty shocked.
I saw a card by kpopandkimchi a few months back about not being a silent Vingler; instead of just liking or passively looking at cards she encouraged us for just one day to comment on every card we looked at. I think that was brilliant. She encouraged us to meet each other, to make connections, to participate in this community. A lot of times when I'm hurriedly looking through cards and think of liking or clipping only, I remember that card and instead try to take the time to comment. Each and every one of us who post cards, took the time to put it together. I can see how frustrating it is for that to go unnoticed. So maybe we need to do more of that? Encourage each other to take the time to leave a comment instead of just a like?
(edit: i took out the suggestion about official vingle notifications because unfortunately we can't control thatㅠㅠ)
Oh, another thought. Kpopandkimchi has recently started a Friday feature that highlights community members by interviewing them and linking their cards or profiles. This is another great way for other Vinglers to meet someone they wouldn't have otherwise. There could be more of this. Vingle could choose a member to introduce every week. I am a community supporter and I would love to have access to a list of new Vinglers who join our community. That way we can issue a welcome card to those members every couple weeks or once a month, which would help the members meet each other. It's hard for some folks when they first join so giving a shout out to those newcomers and introducing them to the community might help. Kpopandkimchi has done this in the past and she did it shortly after I joined. The welcome comments from other Vinglers really made me feel more comfortable in posting my own cards.
I got really long winded here. Sorry.
The last thing I want to say is how much I love Vingle. This is a place I can go to and be accepted for who I am. I can be as active or inactive as I please. I've made stronger friendships with people I've never met (Vinglers) than I have in my regular life. I've never once felt bullied or poorly treated by anyone nor have I witnessed it happen to anyone else. The fact that cattiness, drama and harassment don't take place here is part of why this community is so great.
What I have witnessed is a community come together to support others in need. To encourage those facing a tough situation. I have been awoken at 3am by a Vingler who was concerned about a member who might be hurting herself and asked for my help in contacting her. I have been brought to tears as Vinglers spontaneously made cards to help a member who was being bullied at school. I currently am overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support the community members are showiing for BBxGD as she fights a terrible illness. Yesterday, I saw a card from an 8th grader who was simply asking for prayers for their friend who is battling cancer and there were over 30 comments from Vinglers sending their comforting words and prayers.
....So I was shocked to start seeing people talk about feeling bullied. This is simply something that cannot be accepted here. We need to figure out what is happening and put an end to it so that every Vingler can feel safe here. A lot of our members come here to escape the terrible things in their lives and bullying is one of those things. They shouldn't be subjected to it here too.
I really love you guys and hope that we can continue to make our family bigger and better every day.
You are some of the most spectacular people I've ever been able to talk to and I am thankful that we've somehow all found each other on this messy world wide web.
Vingle Family, you guys are amazing and even if we've never interacted, know that I love you very very much! ヽ(﹡⌒ｖ⌒﹡)ノ Okay enough mushy feelings :3
Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for all of your survey responses :D