50 grams (almost 1/4 cup ) uncooked premium short grain rice.
250ml water (1.057 cups )
shredded salted salmon
shredded nori seaweed and white sesame seeds
mitsuba for garnish
You will need an earthenwere pot.
1. Rinse the rice in water, drain and repeat until water runs clear.
2. Soak the rice in the pot for at leasr 30 minutes.
3. Drain water completely.
4. Add 250ml of water to the pot.
5. cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
6. when boiling, lower the heat to the stove's lowest setting. open lid and gently mix with the spoon once, making sure rice is not stuck to the bottom of the pot.
7. Cover the lid and simmer the rice for 30 minutes. During this time do not remove the lid or mix the rice.
8. After 30 minutes, turn off the heat and let it steam for 10 minutes. The rice should be soft and thickened. If you want to add something like a beaten egg or salt, this is the time to add.
Serve into individual rice bowl add garnish and toppings.