...and I loved it!
What I Expected:
- a cute but confusing (from an outsider's perspective) brother and sister relationship
- a dog girl named Stephanie
- some sort of gaming world, but I wasn't really sure how that worked
What I Got:
- a super cute Queen who wants to know more about [BLANK]
- two kids who never leave or do anything but play games and play games with their hands and feet and oh my god they are US in anime form.
- a sort-of-weird sibling relationship that I still love
- previews of a lot of cool looking places & characters
- a Stephanie who is not yet a dog girl -- how are we going to get there?
I really loved this quote from the first episode:
"The least interesting answer is usually the right one."
It amazing how accurate that is, really, because even though we imagine and we dream of something more interesting; something more exciting, it's usually the least interesting answer that is the right answer, like the quote says!
So far, I like that set up that we're being given: these siblings are insanely talented, but are they really finding a place in their world? No! Because they see it as a crappy game. The idea of them being transported to a different world, though, is pretty cool & a unique concept I don't think that I've seen before--everything in the world decided by games & simple rules.
Oh! One more thing! The animation & coloring in this anime is just really nice! I love the pallet & tones they use, and think the colors are why these outfits & characters translate so well into cosplay.