If you're a fan you probably know all of this but here are five fun facts you may not know.
1. His career started as part of a real estate transaction. His parents were selling their home and the prospective buyer, an agent, saw his potential. He suggested that young Geun Suk try his hand at modeling. The child actor made his acting debut in a 1997 sitcom, "Selling Happiness."
2. He loves to cook. He is so fond of cooking that he released a Japanese cookbook with 20 of his favorite recipes. What does he love to eat? His all-time favorite dish is Kimchi Jigae, a stew made with kimchi, scallions, onion, pork and seafood. He says his mom's is the best. His other favorite food in the world is Gejang, a seafood stew made of marinated crabs. His grandmother's is one of his favorite dishes in the world. Besides that he is fond of sashimi, eels and Japanese hot spring eggs.
3. He was almost a member of F4. He was offered the role of Gu Jun Pyo in "Boys Over Flowers," but chose instead to play the trumpeter Kang Gun Woo in "Beethoven Virus."
4. According to an interview in Steady magazine, his ideal date would include riding the bus together, finding delicious food at a street stand and riding the Ferris wheel at an amusement park. But he would also like to take his date to a nice restaurant for dinner and wine. He looks forward to listening to her favorite songs and walking in the park with her. His ideal type is pretty, neat, generous, and wears feminine clothes.
5. Just in case you wondered what animal he might be, if he had a choice, it would be a rabbit. Not only was he born in the Year of the Rabbit, but these cute furry creatures munch mostly on grass, which would mean he would never have to diet. He became a vegetarian in order to lose weight for his role as a ballet dancer in the film, "You're My Pet." But then, he admits, he loses weight very easily.
Do you know any other fun facts about Jang Geun Suk?