Recipe for Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers with Guacamole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- sour cream
- red onions
- chipotle salsa
1) Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
2) Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl.
3) Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. 4) Using your hands, incorporate everything together. Make sure everything is evenly incorporated without over mixing the ground chicken.
4) Form the mixture into four 1/2"-thick patties. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
5) Serve each patty in a burger bun topped with guacamole and sour cream and salsa if desired.