Short version: Do as Peggy says.
A lot of people missed season one when it aired earlier this year, and it's such a shame (though not a surprise). ABC didn't give it the best time slot, and they didn't do much marketing for the series either. But Agent Carter is one of the most underrated tv shows of 2015, and you'll want to catch up before season two premieres in January. Need more reasons? Here you go:
1. The star is adorable
That's Hayley Atwell, who plays Peggy. She's an amazing actor and she's incredibly funny. She always tweets about the series and shares fan art of her character! She's definitely a fan, just like the rest of us. She also made out with Chris Evans for charity.
I'd do it for free to be honest.
2. It takes over where Captain America (the First Avenger) left off.
3. It's short! The first season is only 8 episodes. You can catch up quick!
4. There are car chases, brawls, and bada-- women in action.
5. The soundtrack. Listen to this to see what I mean:
6. The design team did an amazing job. Set, costumes, the works are all perfect!
7. You'll catch a glimpse of Black Widow's training program in episode 5.
8. This is what Peggy Carter has to say to sexists:
9. The writing is clever and quick and all the fun you'd expect from Marvel.
10. Because Hollywood doesn't think we care about female heroes and we need to prove them wrong.
This series is like one giant metaphor for the way women are treated in the media.
Not to give anything away, but Peggy is constantly looked over by her male coworkers. They don't see her as an equal. She's an ornament, a burden, an invisible servant. If the story was being told from their perspective, it would look like any other tv series: a boys' club. Thankfully, this is Peggy's story. She has strengths and flaws and she is determined to save the world.
Ready to check it out? And for those of you that have finished... how about a rewatch?