Sometimes I get wrapped up in the bad stuff with the news. With the Paris Attacks, political drama, refugees and wars, I look at our world and think... "Did anything good helpful and productive happen this year?" And with only 2 weeks left in 2015 I thought it would be good to reflect on what's all happened. Well I'm happy to report that a lot happened.
This year was a big one, don't you think?
15. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is Out!
Ok, but really who has/is going to see this movie?!
14. Miss Japan was a woman of mixed race
Criticized by many, but inspired many more :)
13. The Dress
I still think it's white and gold.
12. The Discovery of Water on Mars!
One step closer to colonization, right?
11. U.S. Women Won the World Cup!
I'm not a sports person, but even I cried when these ladies won.
10. Adele Released Album '25'
This is also something I cried during.
9. Love Won!
Same-sex marriage is now legal in Ireland, the U.S., and other countries.
8. All Military Jobs in the U.S. are open to Women
Because ladies can kick butt too.
7. Princess Charlotte was born.
Royal babies and the cutest.
6. The Pope visited the U.S.
He even hung out with the president.
5. Shei LaBeouf was awesome
His "Just Do It!" video, and his movie-viewing self left a lasting impression.
4. We Can See Pluto Now
Shoutout to New Horizons!
3. Queen Elizabeth celebrates being the Longest-Reigning Monarch
No-doubt a historic moment for the nation, and the world.
2. Ebola is almost completely gone
Let's keep it gone, please.
1. Climate Change Deal Established in Paris
A big win for Mother Earth!
What was your favorite moment from 2015?
I will also be doing a Community Year in Review next week to catch you up on what happened here in the community. Two weeks until the year ends-- Happy 2015 everyone!