This eggplant parmesan recipe is that it doesn’t taste like a diet recipe at all! (Servings 2)
1 lb eggplant, peeled and sliced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granule
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
olive oil flavored cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel and slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch slices.
3. Spray the eggplant slices with cooking spray and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle the eggplant with half of the garlic powder and salt.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, turning the eggplant halfway through the cooking time.
6. In a saucepan, saute the minced garlic in cooking spray until lightly browned.
7. Add the Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, bouillon granules and oregano.
8. Reduce the heat to very low and cover the pan.
9. Remove the eggplant from the baking sheet.
10. In a small baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce. Add one layer of eggplant, another layer of sauce and so on until all the eggplant has been used.
11. Finish with a layer of sauce. Top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake until the cheese has melted.