Fried Jalapenos with bean and cheese stuffings
- 1 cup Old El Paso spicy re-fried beans
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 6 fresh jalapeños
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornmeal
- vegetable oil for frying
1) Heat vegetable oil for deep frying to 350°. Slice each jalapeno in half legnthwise. Reomve seeds and viens of peppers. Set aside.
2) Combine re-fried beans, cream cheese and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Mix well to combine. Stuff each jalapeño with this mixture. Then dip each stuffed jalapeño in the egg then in the cornmeal.
3) Slowly and carefully drop each breaded jalapeño in the hot oil. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, or until lightly golden. Place on a rack or paper towels to drain.
4) Serve jalapeño poppers with your Old El Paso salsa.