Who can say no to cupcakes, specially chocolate cupcakes???
- For the cupcakes:
- 100g butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp coffee
- 125ml milk, lukewarm
For the buttercream:
- 240g icing sugar
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 125g butter, softened
- 65ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C. Fill a cupcake/muffin tin with 9 cupcake holders.
2. Stir the coffee into the lukewarm milk until it has dissolved.
3. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
4. Add one egg and mix in well. Do the same with the second egg.
5. Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and mix.
6. Fold the milk mixture into the batter and stir until fully incorporated.
7. Spoon the mixture equally into 9 cupcake holders and bake for approximately 20
minutes, testing with a metal skewer to ensure they are cooked through. Leave to cool.
8. For the buttercream, place the icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a bowl and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the double cream and mix well.
9. Once the cakes are cool, use a piping bag and pipe the buttercream onto the top of a
cupcake. Repeat to make 9 cupcakes.