Put anything you want in your past and make it your own!
- 1 pound medium size shrimp (21-25 count)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 shallots, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cups of purple broccoli with leaves (regular broccoli can be substituted)
- 1 to 2 bunches of basil, chiffonade* (sliced about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of white wine wine
- 1 12 oz. box of penne pasta (I used brown rice penne pasta)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I would recommend a little more if you like spice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil + 1 tablespoon for pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan for topping
1) Cook pasta per instructions and drain reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water and toss with a tablespoon or so of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
2) Heat large frying pan over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook shrimp 2 minutes per side, remove from pan and keep warm. Reduce heat to medium.
3) Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and shallots to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add red peppers and broccoli to pan and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
4) Add asparagus, basil, oregano and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
5) Add white wine and cook for 1 minute stirring often. Add crushed tomatoes, reserved pasta water, pasta and shrimp and mix well. Allow all ingredient to warm, about 2-3 minutes.
6) Top with Parmesan. Serve.