"First off I will start with some helpful hints on the Classic Check and the Nova Check bag....the two most POPULAR styles and most often faked.
The material used in the Classic Check and Nova Check line is PVC aka vinyl-coated canvas.
- Classic check (photo no.1) is tan in color with black vertical and horizontal stripes, red stripes, knight insignia, and is usually trimmed with matte smooth brown or smooth glossy red leather.
- Nova check (photo no. 2) consists of a cream color with light yellow undertone with black vertical and horizontal stripes and pink stripes (in older Nova Check there was more red in the pink stripes). Products in Nova Check are trim in matte smooth black leather (older Nova Check bags were trim in polished sort of glossy black leather).
The pattern in both the Nova Check and Classic Check must match. The pink/red line and the black stripes must meet on the side and on the bottom. Sometimes, you will come across authentic Burberry with pattern that do not match too well but those are fairly rare.
If you have any Burberry bags with separate sides like the bag below, the two sides must be mirror image of each other meaning both sides are identical to one another.
All Burberry bags are made in Italy and some are made in China. Interior plaques are either a leather tab with embossed words or a metal plaque that engraved Burberry - London. Behind the leather tab should have Made in Italy and a letter and number sequence. The leather tag in some purses might not have the letter and number sequence behind and that is okay if everything else checked out. If the bag is made in China, then look for a seperate tag stating "Made in China" and on the back of that there is a sequence of numbers/Letters.
Burberry wallets will have Burberry - London embossed on the left side in either silver or gold. Notice the crisp embossing and clean lines. All wallets are lined smooth, polished leather in red, brown or black.
* Remember that the placement of the letters, their size and spacing are all proportionate to each other.
Burberry bags are lined in the following types of lining matertial:
- Black canvas
- Beige pigskin suede
- Burberry signature fabric (a thick jacquard type of fabric with - BURBERRY woven in glossy thread throughout in beige, - black, brown or red).
- Some pochette are unlined.
- Leather Trim
Burberry used a few different colors leather and types in their bags and wallets, the list is below:
Black matte leather (Nova check)
Black polished leather (Nova check - older line)
Brown matte leather (Classic check)
Red polished leather (Classic check)
- Hardware used in Burberry bags or wallets comes in two colors.
- The bag's hardware will have one of those colors and the embossing on the inside leather tab must match the color of the bag's hardware. If the bag have silver-toned hardware, the embossing the on the inside leather tab must also be in silver. Hardware on authentic bags have Burberry engraved very cleanly (the embossing on counterfeits looks messy and not clear at all).
- Burberry products will have the outside metal zippers from one of the brands listed below.
- Lampo (without the lightning bolt)
YKK (no engraving on the back, always plastic zippers)
- The inside zippers (which are often plastic zippers and brand is YKK) might be a plain zipper and not from the two brands listed above.
Paper Tag & Box
- The paper tag and box that came with Burberry products is a very dark blue color with Burberry - London in silver printed on it. Additonally, Burberry bags can come with a tan tag and Burberry - London printed in black.
- Dust Cover
- The newer dust bag is tan with black drawstring. Older dust bags is navy blue with Burberry - London printed on the front in light blue with drawstring closure.