Challah French Toast with Bruléed Bananas, Nutella and Whipped Cream or Poor Knights
French toast love @zaneh
- 4 thick slices of challah bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced thickly
- 1 Tbsp. sugar for brûlée bananas
- confection's sugar for serving
- whipped cream for serving
- Nutella for serving
1) Beat the eggs, add the other ingredients, except bread, mix well and strain into a shallow dish. Dip slices of bread in the mixture, turning to coat both sides. Cook on a hot buttered frying pan until golden brown on both sides. Turn carefully with a pancake turner.
2) Sprinkle the banana slices, with a little white sugar then blowtorch until golden and bruléed.
3) To assemble, spread Nutella thickly on one side of the toast then layer the bananas on top. Spoon a little whipped cream over the top then sandwich with the other toast slice. Dust with confection's sugar and serve with berries. Repeat with other toasts.