I know some of us have talked to this before, but as I've been getting more and more impatient to just be able to binge watch ERASED, I was thinking about it again.
How do you guys prefer to watch your anime?
While it's airing, or all in one big chunk?
Pros of Watching While Airing:
- less likely to face spoilers
- can discuss it with other fans who are watching
- if you've seen a lot of anime, it gives you new material faster
- you might end up watching a whole anime hoping it'll get better at the end but it never does
- great for watching really long, ongoing series so you don't fall behind (lol)
- lots more!!!
Pros of Watching Once Complete:
- you can decide how many episodes you want to watch at once
- you don't have to wait for a new ep to be released
- you can see what people think is worth watching
- you can find out if an anime you aren't really enjoying is worth sticking through for some twist / change that might come later on
- especially good for binge watching seasons up to 24 episodes long
- less likely to lose interest between episodes & forget to watch
- lots more!!
What's my choice?
I think this is up to everyone personally, and my choice is to do a mix of both! I like having shows to look forward to, but in between, I tend to binge watch shows to keep me amused & to get through shows that are already complete that are on my list.