According to chocoholics--the world over--making love begins and ends with chocolate--the ultimate aphrodisiac!
In this card, you will learn how to recreate Anna Monette Roberts' indulgent sexaholic cake that is made with real cocoa and smothered with buttercream icing. Everything is made of chocolate. In fact, while it's not the sole ingredient, it sure does taste like it! No complaints here!
So if making love is on the agenda for V-Day (or sooner), copy this recipe and make it the day before! It just might eclipse any physiological climax the body can produce. Are you ready?!
Funk You Up Chocolate Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting pans
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing pans
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) salted butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 pounds (24 ounces) package powdered sugar, sifted
6 ounces cocoa powder, sifted
8 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream, plus more if needed
1. Don't freak out over the ingredients. Trust me!
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare 3 8-inch cake pans by greasing with butter, adding parchment paper circles to the bottom. Butter the papers and dust with cocoa, tapping out any excess.
3. In a medium-size bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. Heat milk and vanilla over medium-low heat, until small bubbles begin to form. Remove from heat, and whisk in melted chocolate until combined. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium, until just combined. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down as needed. Turn mixer on low, and alternatively add flour mixture in 3 parts and milk mixture in 2 parts, until just incorporated.
5. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool in pans for a few minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the pans and turn out cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To make icing:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat butter at medium speed until whipped and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Turn mixer to low, and alternate between mixing in powdered sugar and cocoa powder (in 1-cup increments) and milk (in 1-tablespoon increments). Add more or less milk, depending on how dry the icing is.
2. Beat until ingredients are incorporated and icing reaches desired consistency. It should be creamy, whipped, and easily malleable while still holding peaks. Transfer 2 heaping cups of frosting to a separate bowl for the crumb coat.
1. Use a serrated knife to trim the tops of the cake layers to make level.
2. Dab a bit of frosting onto the center of a cake turntable or large, flat platter.
3. Place on 1 layer of cake on top of frosting and press slightly down to secure it.
4. Using an offset spatula, place a third of the reserved crumb coat frosting in the center of the cake, and spread it over top until it starts to spill over the edges then spread over the sides of cake.
5. Carefully place the second layer of cake on top of first, and repeat process with another 1/3 of the frosting.
6. Add the third layer of cake on top, and spread the rest of the reserved frosting over the top and sides. Transfer cake to the fridge (for 30 minutes) or freezer (15 minutes) until set.
7. Thoroughly wash and dry offset spatula.
8. Once crumb coat has completely set, remove cake from the fridge or freezer. Place remaining frosting in the center of the cake, and spread over the top until it spills over the edges, then spread it over the sides of the cake.
YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS CAKE!
AND SAVE A SLICE FOR ME!
@jordanhamilton @AlloBaber @jcl4rks0n @AimeBolanos @alywoah @CiciRoman @paulisaghost @LizArnone @lisbt92 @Dragon0fTime @KassamRajput @Arellano1052 @ChangThao @YlianaVera @BuffyFHK @Dynamo @GiGie @JayllaMarie @MableWaddles @rodiziketan @RaquelArredondo @cullenquigley @Bekka @humairaa @nicolejb @MelissaMae @delmontequality @Sriharsha @LuisEstevenGarc @CashTunstall @JacquelineRexMy @PrinceCampbell @esha @YinofYang @Aripendragon