christianmordi
2 years ago1,000+ Views
Who knew that drinking water could be so bad for you?
Put down your glass of Perrier, because if you want them bubbles you’re going to have to face an awful truth: it's could bad for your teeth in the long run.
Olga Khazan at The Atlantic shared news on the long term effects of sparkling water:
"Even when it’s unflavored, fizzy water contains an acid—carbonic acid—that gives it its bubbles. That acidity can gradually wear away tooth enamel.
The good news is, it’s a relatively weak acid. Unless they’re flavored with citric or other acids, seltzers tend to have more neutral pH values than soft drinks like Coke. While bottled flat water has a pH of about 7 — or totally neutral — that of Perrier is about 5.5."
So if you're looking to cut back on the calories and protect your teeth, drink a regular cup of water, and leave the sparkling stuff alone.
21 Like
4 Share
3 comments
Good thing I can't stand carbonated beverages
2 years ago·Reply
someone said if you want to protect your teeth but at the same time love sweet/carbonated drink.. use drinking straw..
2 years ago·Reply
Sucks because I'm a huge fan of seltzer!
2 years ago·Reply
21
3
4