What takes for 6 cups:
* 6 taco tortillas (I used sprouted, but you can go regular flour or whole wheat, whatevs!)
* 2 cups kale (or spinach, arugula, whatever you have on hand)
* 6 eggs
* 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
* 3 slices bacon, rendered and crumbled
* 12 cherry tomatoes, halved (or more!)
* 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 pinch coarse salt
* 1/2 cup diced avocado
* 1/2 cup salsa
* cilantro leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375.
Stack the tortillas on each other and give them a quick zip in the microwave, 15 seconds. This warms them so they’re more pliable and easy to maneuver.
Lightly coat the ramekins with cooking spray. Place each tortilla inside each ramekin, kind of folding it in. Layer a few kale leaves in the bottom of the tortillas, then crack an egg in each cup. Sprinkle a teeny teeny bit of salt on each egg. Then layer with cheese, 4 tomato halves, sliced onion, red bell pepper, and bacon. And more cheese.
Slide in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are nearly done. Go a little longer if you want them hard cooked. Mine weren’t soft by any means, but not totally done, which I love.
Garnish with avocado, cilantro leaves and a little drizzle of salsa. You could even add sour cream if you want!