A good friend of mine recently moved to the city her boyfriend got a job in. I've moved for family and I've moved for work, but I've never truly left a place to be with my partner.
But it got me thinking: If I was ever in a seriously serious relationship, would I move across the country (or the world) for my S.O.?
And, if I did that, how serious would the relationship have to be? How would I weigh the pros and cons? Here are some things I would try to factor into it that decision ---
- I would mean a fresh and exciting start!
- It would help build your relationship. Moving with someone is pretty exciting!
- It's an opportunity to have a new experience, and to challenge yourself a little bit.
-It would mean leaving your current career/life
- It could mean relocating further away from family and friends
- You might have to rely on your partner more.
Whether you decide to move or not, it's a big decision on your part with a lot of things to weigh. It means moving your whole life! But if you are willing, I say go for it.