This serves for 4, and for whoever wants to make their curry a little bit healthier, skipping the meats and the oils this is a good option!
* 4 Tablespoons oil, divided
* 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
* 2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 1-1/2 teaspoons finely minced or grated ginger
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
* 1 teaspoon cayenne
* 1 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt (I prefer the Greek Gods brand)
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon sugar
* 8 hard boiled eggs, cut in half lengthwise
* 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
1) Heat three Tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion turns golden brown. Add the coriander, ginger, garlic, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne and cook, stirring frequently, for about one or two minutes or until the mixture turns dark and smells very fragrant.
2) Reduce heat to low and, while whisking continuously, add the yogurt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens a bit. Add the water, salt and sugar and increase heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat again to low and simmer the sauce to thicken.
3) While the sauce is simmering, heat the remaining Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the egg halves, placing the cut/flat sides down. When they are begin to turn golden, flip them over and cook another minute or so.
4) Add the browned eggs to the sauce and them simmer the mixture for 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and for the eggs to heat through. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve.