Chances are, if your friends are anything like my friends, everyone has yet to shut up about the new 'Deadpool' movie - so much so that I think it's safe to say that this month was definitely a Deadpool takeover.
And thanks to this epic Deadpool pizza tutorial, your love affair with all things Deadpool is still officially far from over.
If you thought his thing for good food begins and ends with chimichangas, think again.
Here's what you need to make a Deadpool pizza of your own:
- Pizza dough (The vlogger in the YouTube embedded below will show you how to make dough from scratch, or you can be like me and just buy the premade stuff.)
- 1 jar of pizza sauce (I think so long as you've got at least a cup, it's enough.)
- 1 package of shredded mozzarella (The 16-ounce package, so roughly 2 cups.)
- 2 - 4 slices of mozzarella (This is for the eyes. Feel free to switch it up with provolone!)
- 1 can of sliced black olives (I know some of you don't like olives, so if you can think of an equally delicious substitute to create his trademark black eyes, sub it here.)
- 1 package of sliced pepperoni (Roughly 6 - 8 ounces should do!)
Ready? Here we go.
So first, you're going to preheat your oven to 450F. Then it's time to get that dough nice and spread out on your pizza pan, using a spoon to spread the pizza sauce all around the center of the pie.
(Just, you know, leave the ends alone so you have a crust later. Pizza without crusts are super weird.)
Next, you want to cover all of your sauce with some shredded mozzarella cheese. Don't skimp because this is going to help the pepperoni stay fixed to the pizza when you bake!
Now it's time to layer on all of that pepperoni. Starting from the outside, work your way inward in a circular motion, laying the pepperoni down slice by slice. (If this isn't the most beautiful thing you've ever seen, you're in the wrong card. Dat pepperoni.)
So in the video, she uses a teardrop-shaped cookie cutter to the primary shape before slicing it down the middle to create two eyes. I know I don't have teardrop cookie cutters at home, and you probably don't either, so feel free to use a knife to (carefully!) create the shape yourself!
Now it's time to use the sliced olives to finish Deadpool's face. Keeping everything looking as symmetrical as possible during this step is key. Lay down your slices of olive similarly to how you laid down your pepperoni, and FINISH HIM!!!
Throw him (gently) into the oven, and leave him there for about 10 - 15 minutes - or until he's nice and golden. Don't worry. It's Deadpool. He can take the heat.
And there you have it: a Deadpool pizza - warm and gooey, just how you like him!
For more specific instruction, check out Rosanna Pansino's full Nerdy Nummies tutorial in the YouTube above! And for more viral vids, follow my YouTube Nation collection!