Last week, the Weekly Famitsu published an article celebrating the PS4's first two years of sales in Japan and collected the data of the top 20 selling titles for the 2 year period.
The magazine also says the cumulative total PS4 sales is 2,356,098 units. Funnily enough, those numbers don't include the week the article was published, and the total sat at 2,381,113 units.
Below is a list of the top 20 best selling PS4 titles. Do any of them surprise you?
20. Watch Dogs: 99,323 units
19. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Subtitled Ver): 102,716 units
18. Battlefield Hardline: 113,061 units
17. Battlefield 4: 113,928 units
16. Destiny: 125,900 units
15. Yakuza: Kiwami: 131,205 units
14. Yakuza: Isshin: 134,010 units
13. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: 140,0046 units
12. Yakuza 0: 146,510 units
11. The Witcher 3: 149,337 units
10. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes: 155,598 units
9. Dragon Quest Builders: 170,168 units
8. Star Wars Battlefront: 187,434 units
7. Grand Theft Auto V: 196,795 units
6. Fallout 4: 206,712 units
5. Bloodborne: 209,985 units
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops III: 310,238 units
3. Dragon Quest Heroes: 327,019 units
2. Knack: 400,888 (originally bundled with PS4, bundled units still counted)
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: 425,971 units
If anything, this shows why Konami really shot themselves in the foot with Kojima. For all their complaints, he still has the best selling game in Japan as well as the tenth.
Is it weird that the highest selling titles are also some of the most recent releases?