Losing weight doesn't mean starve. Eat clean is the key to a clear complexion and toned body!
- 1 c. white quinoa
- 1 2/3 c. cauliflower florets, from one medium head of cauliflower
- 6-8 ramps, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 c. rolled oats
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 TBS Ghee, coconut oil, or olive oil for frying
1) Combine 2 1/4 c. water, the quinoa, and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, then cook for 15-20 minutes, until quinoa tails have unfurled. Drain and set aside.
2) Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it has a rice-like texture. Scrape into a bowl and add the cooked quinoa, ramps, eggs, feta, oats, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until evenly combined. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour, to firm the mixture.
3) Form the mixture into small patties with your hands, squeezing out any excess liquid. Heat the Ghee or oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, then add the patties a few at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
4)Drain on a paper towel. Serve warm or cold.