Hey cuties! Today I will be writing about foods and drinks that you can make/buy that will help clear your skin! First up is foods!
A food that is good for skin is salmon, flax seeds, walnuts, and olive oil. Dermatologists often recommend eating about four ounces of salmon along with sprinkling flax seeds on salad or oatmeal.
Raspberries are believed to be a native of East Asia and North Asia. They help prevent red inflamed skin, keeps your skin vibrant and clear. Also, research has revealed that raspberries help prevent cancer which includes breast, cervical, colon and prostate cancer by inhabiting cancer from multiplying or forming tumors. Raspberries play an important role in lowering stress, reducing inflammation and alters the development and reproduction of cancer cells. They also change the signals that are sent to potential or existing cancer cells, decreasing cancer cell numbers. Because of the role of free radicals in the aging process, raspberries also slow down the signs of aging.
Chia seeds have also become a mainstream ingredient. They can have good effects on your skin and body too! One teaspoon of chia seeds acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory and can help keep your skin irritation-free and might help breakouts heal faster.
Now for the drinks, there are many different options for smoothies, so for today, I will just add three drinks, one consisting of more fruits, and the other veggies.
Smoothie name: Glowing Skin Smoothie
1/2 cup plain coconut water1
2 frozen ripe bananas, previously peeled & sliced
1 cup chopped pineapple (frozen or fresh)
1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
2 cups spinach or kale
1/2 avocado, sliced
optional: 1 Tablespoon ground flax or flaxseed oil
1) Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
2)Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add more coconut water if it's too thick.
1) Coconut water is ideal since it is so hydrating for our bodies and skin. If you absolutely cannot find it (it's sold in all grocery stores, Target, Walmart, etc) - use regular water or almond milk or your favorite juice. If not using coconut water, perhaps add a touch of coconut oil. Great for the skin.
2) Try adding 1/2 cup blueberries. Another super food great for your skin!
3)If you do not like any of the fruits listed, simply replace with another fruit used. Or add strawberries or blueberries.
Smoothie name: Sunshine Smoothie
1 frozen ripe banana, previously peeled & sliced
1/4 cup orange juice
2 oranges, peeled and sliced1
1 cup frozen mango chunks2
1/2 cup frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
1) Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana and apple. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
2) Blend the frozen banana chunks and orange juice together until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add the oranges, mango, and pineapple. Blend until combined.
1) Instead of two oranges, try 1 orange and 1 grapefruit.
2) I prefer frozen mango chunks over fresh because they lend a creamier texture to the smoothie.
3)For an added nutritional punch, try adding 1 cup of your favorite greens!
Smoothie name: Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Smoothie
1 medium banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
6 oz Chobani 0% Greek Yogurt (or 2%, flavored or unflavored)
1 cup frozen berries*
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite kind of milk)
1 Tablespoon peanut butter (any kind you like)
1) Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
2) Put all of the ingredients into the blender, in the order listed, and blend on high until thick and smooth. You may need to stop and stir/scrape down the sides of the blender a few times.
Thanks for taking the time to read my cards! I know this one is a bit long, I will try to make my other cards shorter.
Tagging the head chairs:
And tagging the rest of the kpopINT fam: