Tired of the ordinary Gin And Tonic Sorbet?
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- ½ cup (110 g) sugar
- Juice and zest of two limes
- 2½ cups (600 ml) tonic water
- ½ cup (120 ml) gin
1. Prepare a simple sugar syrup by boiling the water and sugar in a saucepan. Stir using a wooden spoon, and once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and set aside.
2. Add the grated lime zest and juice to the sugar syrup, and allow it to cool completely.
3. Once it has cooled, add the tonic water and gin.
4. Strain the mixture through a sieve, and pour it into an ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to make the sorbet.
Note: If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can freeze the gin and tonic mixture in the freezer. After four hours, use a fork and scrape the mixture, and put it back in the freezer. Repeat two more times to achieve a sorbet consistency.