Why have Irish Coffee the traditional way when you can freeze it up and have it like dessert?!
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) strongly brewed coffee
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp (60ml) Irish whiskey
1. Stir the brown sugar into the hot coffee and dissolve completely. Set aside to cool.
2. Mix the powdered sugar with the cream and whip lightly with a balloon whisk. Do this for approx 2-3 minutes. The goal is to get some air into the cream, but we do not want to over beat it.
3. Pour the cream into the ice cream molds, filling each one-quarter of the way full. Freeze them for two hours.
4. Once the cream has set, add the Irish whiskey to the cooled coffee, stir and then slowly fill the remainder of the molds with the coffee.
5. Freeze for two hours (the coffee will be semi set, but not entirely frozen), and then insert your ice cream sticks into the centre.
6. Freeze overnight and serve the next day.