A couple people have been checking in on me concerning my cosmetic surgery. I thought it would be a good time to give you some updated photos and a run-down of everything.
If you have questions or comments--feel free to leave them or ask.
* Went to 4 consultations (before deciding on my surgeon)
* Dr. Lamperti performed everything
* Rhinoplasty, Chin implant, Fillers (Restylane for eyes and Radiesse for back jaw)
* Cost was just under $16,000 (for everything, including operating room and anesthesiologist
* About 4 hours of surgery
* Pain was never more than a 4 (scale 1-10)
* No complications
* Puffiness, yes. Bruising, no
* Slept first 24 hours--knocked out
* Day 2 was already out and about
* Day 3 I went to the movie theater
* Returned to the gym by day 12 (no cardio!)
Pros & Cons:
* New face
* Emotional bliss
* Recovery (rhinoplasty can take up to a year!!!!)
How I ultimately decided:
Honestly, I just didn't have time for the what-ifs. I was confident in my surgeries, in my doctor and in the financial decision. There was no second-guessing. I wasn't nervous or scared about really anything. I made the decision and I owned it.
If you're not 100% CONFIDENT in anything, then you should really hold off. I made sure that I was confident in all of the details. I wanted to make sure that I came out of this experience without any regrets--regardless of what happened.
My recovery has been amazing! The numbness and tightness in my chin is completely gone. I have feeling and the tightness has subsided. The incision is tender, but not at all painful. I can shave just fine. My nose was completely numb for a while. the past couple weeks my nose has been itchy. But because there's no "feeling" it's a bit awkward and strange. I have noticed that the numbness is going away. It's an odd feeling that you quickly forget about.
I have a few more consultations scheduled to address my eyes. Looking at upper and lower blepharoplasty to removed excess skin, which creates hooded eyes.
I am also looking at having my forehead lowered and looking at my cheek options. There's a variety of things we can do, such as fillers and implants.