Last night I made something new and it was a [MEATLESS] meat loaf made with Morning Star crumbles. This was my first time ever making a veggie meat loaf, and I'd say it has been several years since I've made the meat version of it.
I looked through various recipes, but I also just did what I do: cook without boundaries.
What You'll Need:
Morning Star Grillers Crumbles
1/4 cup of ketchup (use for later)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Seasoning of choice: chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, crushed garlic, sazon, and basil.
*For the seasonings, you can play around with it. There's no hard rule for it. It's pretty much however you want this meat(less) loaf to taste like.
**The Morning Star Crumbles will take up whatever flavors and seasonings you add to it.
How To Make It:
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) While the oven is preheated, cook your Morning Star crumbles as directed on the package. When done cooking, set the crumbles into a large bowl.
3) Next, cook your chopped bell pepper and onion for about 2 minutes, or until onions are almost translucent.
4) Add the cooked onions and bell peppers to the bowl where the Morning Star crumbles are. Also add the 2 whole eggs, bread crumbs, and seasonings of choice. You may add a little bit more bread crumbs if needed. Try to get the texture where it's not too wet, but also not dry. You want it to sort of be a meat consistency.
5) In a greased pan (make sure to grease it!!!!)...add the meat(less) loaf mixture.
6) Cook for about 45 minutes. Then take the loaf out and spread ketchup evenly on top. Let it cook or another 15 minutes. Take out the loaf and let it settle for about 2-3 minutes before serving.