breakfast for champs. Who's in?
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Sargento whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup blueberry jam
- Zest and juice of one lemon
1) Add the fresh blueberries, jam, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a saucepan. Melt over low heat until the berries pop and the jam melts. Keep warm until the pancakes are ready.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, ricotta cheese, butter, honey, and lemon zest. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. You can stir the blueberries in at this point, but I like to add them when the pancakes are cooking.
3) Heat a griddle over a preheated griddle, I like medium heat, spray with cooking spray or melt butter. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, and flip over when bubbles form on the edges. Serve with blueberry sauce and extra thyme leaves if you would like.