Banana Cupcake with Nutella and Vanilla Swirl Buttercream
Nutella recipe that looks AMAZING. I would love to try this one out! Big shout out to @YinofYang
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 banana, sliced for garnish
Nutella and Vanilla Buttercream
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Nutella
1) Preheat over to 350F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2) In another bowl, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Then mix in mashed banana.
3) With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture until just combined.
4) Evenly distribute batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
5) Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
6) To prepare buttercream, beat butter for a few minutes in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed.
7) Add powdered sugar and turn your mixer on low, beat until the sugar incorporates with the butter. Add vanilla and heavy cream, beat on medium speed for another 3 minutes, until buttercream becomes light and fluffy.
8) Set aside half of the buttercream. Add Nutella to the remaining buttercream, beat until incorporated.
9_ Fill two small piping bags with vanilla and Nutella buttercream respectively, and snip the ends. Prepare a big piping bag with a tip of your choice. Place the small bags in the big bag side by side. Frost the cupcakes and garnish with banana slices.